- Department of Health and Ageing. 2013. Mumps. The Australian Immunisation Handbook (10th edition). Canberra, ACT: Department of Health and Ageing.
- Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd. 2013. Notifiable and Other Diseases in New Zealand: Annual report 2012. URL: https://surv.esr.cri.nz/PDF_surveillance/AnnualRpt/AnnualSurv/2012/2012AnnualSurvRpt.pdf (accessed 19 August 2013).
- Demicheli V, Rivetti A, Debalini MG, et al. 2012. Vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella in children. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Issue 2, Art. No. CD004407. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004407.pub3 (accessed 27 August 2013).
- Ogbuanu IU, Kutty PK, Hudson JM, et al. 2012. Impact of a third dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine on a mumps outbreak. Pediatrics 130(6). DOI: 10.1542/peds.2012-0177 (accessed 8 January 2013).
- Hahné S, Whelan J, van Binnendijk R, et al. 2012. Mumps vaccine effectiveness against orchitis. Emerging Infectious Diseases 18(1): 191–3.
- Ministry of Health. 2012. National Guidelines for Vaccine Storage and Distribution. URL: www.health.govt.nz/publication/national-guidelines-vaccine-storage-and-distribution-2012
- American Academy of Pediatrics. 2012. Measles. In: Pickering LK, Baker CJ, Kimberlin DW, et al (eds). Red Book: 2012 report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (29th edition). Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Ministry of Health. 2012. Communicable Disease Control Manual 2012. URL: www.health.govt.nz/publication/communicable-disease-control-manual-2012
- Heymann DL (ed). 2008. Control of Communicable Diseases Manual (19th edition). Washington DC: American Public Health Association.