- Reef SE, Plotkin SA. 2013. Rubella vaccine. In: Plotkin SA, Orenstein WA, Offit PA (eds). Vaccines (6th edition): Elsevier Saunders.
- Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd. 2013. Notifiable and Other Diseases in New Zealand: Annual report 2012. URL: https://surv.esr.cri.nz/PDF_surveillance/AnnualRpt/AnnualSurv/2012/2012AnnualSurvRpt.pdf (accessed 19 August 2013).
- Heath TC, Burgess MA, Forrest JM. 1998. Moving the second dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to school entry: implications for control of rubella. Communicable Disease Intelligence 22(8): 157–8.
- Ministry of Health. 2012. National Guidelines for Vaccine Storage and Distribution. URL: www.health.govt.nz/publication/national-guidelines-vaccine-storage-and-distribution-2012
- Department of Health and Ageing. 2013. Rubella. The Australian Immunisation Handbook (10th edition). Canberra, ACT: Department of Health and Ageing.
- Burgess MA. 1992. Rubella reinfection – what risk to the fetus? Medical Journal of Australia 156(12): 824–5.
- World Health Organization. 2011. Rubella vaccines: WHO position paper. Weekly Epidemiological Record 29(86). URL: www.who.int/wer/2011/wer8629.pdf (accessed 7 October 2013).
- Dimench W, Arachchi N, Cai J, et al. 2013. Investigation into low-level anti-rubella virus IgG results reported by commercial immunoassays. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 20(2): 255–61.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2013. Prevention of measles, rubella, congenital rubella syndrome and mumps, 2013. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Recommendations and Reports 62(RR4). URL: www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6204a1.htm (accessed 16 October 2013).
- Slater PE, Ben-Zvi T, Fogel A, et al. 1995. Absence of an association between rubella vaccinations and arthritis in underimmune post-partum women. Vaccine 13(16): 1529–32.
- Ray P, Black S, Shineﬁeld H, et al. 1997. Risk of chronic arthropathy among women after rubella vaccination. Vaccine Safety Datalink Team. Journal of the American Medical Association 278(7): 551–6.
- Tingle AJ, Mitchell LA, Grace M, et al. 1997. Randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study on adverse effects of rubella immunisation in seronegative women. The Lancet 349(9061): 1277–81.
- Institute of Medicine. 2012. Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and causality Washington DC: The National Academies Press.
- Ministry of Health. 2012. Communicable Disease Control Manual 2012. URL: www.health.govt.nz/publication/communicable-disease-control-manual-2012
- Heymann DL (ed). 2008. Control of Communicable Diseases Manual (19th edition). Washington DC: American Public Health Association.