4 Immunisation of special groups
- Eick AA, Uyeki TM, Klimov A, et al. 2011. Maternal influenza vaccination and effect on influenza virus infection in young infants. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine 165(2): 104–11.
- Bednarczyk RA, Adjaye‐Gbewonyo D, Omer SB. 2012. Safety of influenza immunization during pregnancy for the fetus and the neonate. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 207(3 Suppl): 38–46.
- Amirthalingam G, Andrews N, Campbell H, et al. 2014. Effectiveness of maternal pertussis vaccination in England: an observational study. The Lancet 384:1521–28.
- Donegan K, King B, Bryan P. 2014. Safety of pertussis vaccination in pregnant women in the UK: observational study. BMJ 349. DOI: 10.1136/bmj.g4219 (accessed 10 August 2014).
- Department of Health and Ageing. 2013. Rotavirus. The Australian Immunisation Handbook. Canberra, ACT: Department of Health and Ageing.
- Lee J, Robinson JL, Spady DW. 2006. Frequency of apnea, bradycardia, and desaturations following first diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis-inactivated polio-Haemophilus influenzae type B immunization in hospitalized preterm infants. BMC Pediatrics 20(6). DOI: 10.1186/1471-2431-6-20 (accessed 11 October 2013).
- Cheent K, Nolan J, Shariq S, et al. 2010. Case report: fatal case of disseminated BCG infection in an infant born to a mother taking infliximab for Crohn’s disease. Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis 4(5): 603–5.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. 2012. Immunization in special circumstances – immunocompromised children. In: Pickering LK, Baker CJ, Kimberlin DW, et al (eds). Red Book: 2012 report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (29th edition). Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Rubin LG, Levin MJ, Ljungman P, et al. 2013. 2013 IDSA Clinical Practice Guideline for vaccination of the immunocompromised host. Clinical Infectious Diseases 58(3). DOI: 10.1093/cid/cit684 (accessed 5 December 2013).
- Department of Health and Ageing. 2013. Vaccination for special risk groups. The Australian Immunisation Handbook (10th edition). Canberra, ACT: Department of Health and Ageing.
- Gedalia A, Shetty AK. 2004. Chronic steroid and immunosuppressant therapy in children. Pediatrics in Review 25(12): 425–34.
- Neuhaus TJ. 2004. Immunization in children with chronic renal failure: a practical approach. Pediatric Nephrology 19(12): 1334–9.
- Gipson DS, Massengill SF, Yao L, et al. 2009. Management of childhood onset nephrotic syndrome. Pediatrics 124(2): 747–57.